- Create a ball of lights to make wrapping easier, connect male plug to power source at base of tree.
- Wrap lights up the trunk, leaving space to wrap back down if desired.
- Wrap lights up the trunk, leaving space to wrap back down if desired.
- Wrap lights up and down the length of main branches.
Keeping this in consideration, When should you put Christmas lights up?
Christmas lights can be hung as early as the second or third week of November. There’s no set rule on Christmas lights but you should wait until after Halloween to hang any lights.
Also know, How do you hang string lights on a patio?
- Draw a rough sketch with measurements.
- Assemble your poles if applicable.
- If using guy wire, hang this first.
- Hang your first patio light string with the male plug closest to your outlet.
- Use zip ties or hooks between each bulb as needed on deck railings or other structures.
How do you hang garland around an entryway?
Place garland around a large, single or double door and any sidelights, using a decorative frame-clamping garland hanger. Drape the sides to the floor or the halfway point, using hooks to keep the garland in place. For a minimalist look, drape the garland just across the top of the entrance.
How do you hang fairy lights without damaging the wall?
- Drawing Pins. Probably the default option for many people, drawing pins (we find that brass drawing pins are often best) can be pushed between the twisted wires that often make up fairy lights, as indicated in the image below.
- Wrapping around household objects.
- Wire Suckers.
- Damage-free Adhesive Hooks.
How do you calculate Garland?
To swag garland down a staircase banister or across the mantel, use the same strategy as above. Measure the LENGTH of the banister or the WIDTH of the mantel, then calculate one-and-a-half times that dimension. Example: 6-ft. W mantel x 1.5 = 9 feet of garland.
How do you attach Garland to a fence?
Hang garland on your fence. We use cable ties and/or hook eye screws. By 3 – 3.18 (i.e. 100 feet of garland x 3 = 300′ of light strand approximately 1200 bulbs [light strands may vary]) using the chain stitch method (yes, like crocheting!) to combine lights with garland.
How do you decorate columns?
- Paint the columns the same color as the room to help them blend in.
- Choose a contrasting color for the columns if you want them to stand out.
- Opt for white or cream for a timeless look.
- Use a brush if you’re painting your columns a solid color.
- Sponge on layers of paint to create a faux marble look.
How do you decorate outdoor Christmas columns?
Encircle your porch columns with wide, weatherproof ribbon. Angle the ribbon like a candy cane, and add a big red bow in the middle of each column. Use hooks, wire, tacks or small pieces of packing tape to keep everything attached. Hang a wreath or wreaths along with the garland.
How do you secure garland around columns?
Take fresh or faux garland and wind it around the columns. Beginning at the top, pound a small nail or cup hook on the area facing the house to conceal it visually. Wrap an end piece of garland around the nail or hook to attach it. Wind the garland around the columns, leaving column areas to show.
How do you hang garland on porch columns?
How much garland do I need for a 7ft tree?
A rule of thumb is at least nine (9) feet of garland per foot of tree, so a 7-foot Christmas tree will need sixty-three (63) feet of garland. We recommend buying more garland to be on the safe side. If you are left with any extra, you can always use it on the mantle or in wreaths.
How much garland do I need for a 7 foot slim tree?
So, if you have a 7 foot tree you would need approximately 63 – 70 feet of garland. For a 4 foot tree it would be approximately 36-40 feet of garland. If you have a slim or pencil tree you can take away a few feet since the tree is not as wide.
How do you hang Christmas lights outside without nails?
To hang your Christmas lights outside without nails, try using plastic hooks and clips for a simple way to make your home look festive. If you decide to use hooks, purchase S-shaped gutter hooks and hang them by pressing the top part of the S into the gutter.
How do you wrap lights around garland?
Most wreaths have branches that are stronger than others, so be sure to choose one that will hold the weight of the lights. The lights should spiral up and around the branch. Continue wrapping the lights around every other sturdy branch until you reach one end of the garland.
How do you hang lights on siding?
- Measure the distance of the light string path to determine the number of hooks you need to use.
- Install the hooks, following product directions, along the desired path of the light string.
- Hang the light strings on the hooks.
How are wreaths measured?
1) Diameter- The diameter of the wreath is the main measurement. When you see that a wreath is 22 inches it means that it measures that distance from one end of the wreath to the other. Wreaths tend to measure just a tad smaller than the advertised wreath measurements to give extra space for wispy florals.
The fireplace mantel is one of the more traditional areas, where garlands can be found draped over the top and hung down the sides. Garlands hung over the front door entrance can offer guests a warm decorative greeting. While trimming the door, don’t forget to add some to the windows.
Thicken store-bought garlands by adding fresh greens from the yard, or plump a fresh garland or wreath with faux greens. Then, dress up the garland as much as you’d like with easy accents, such as apples, pinecones, wooden blocks, ornaments, or ribbon to give it still-life look.
How do you hang string lights on a metal pergola?
Install a metal hook into the top of your pergola so the chandelier can hang firmly. Hooks can be purchased at any hardware store and installed either by screwing it in or with nails. Hang the chandelier in the center of the pergola to get the most even lighting.
How big is a 36 inch wreath?
This wreath measures 36 inches long by 36 inches wide.
How do you keep Garland fresh?
- Store them in a cool area until ready to use.
- Use an anti-desiccant spray to seal in the moisture.
- Spritz the garland with water every 2-3 days to extend the life.
- If possible, keep them out of sunlight and away from heat vents.
How do you hang aluminum siding?
- Examine the vinyl siding to determine where you want to hang the object.
- Pick up a vinyl siding hook and place it under the desired siding slat with the upper hooked portion facing toward you.
- Push the hook up under the siding, wiggling it from side to side if needed to accomplish this.
How do you hang things on a concrete wall without drilling holes?
Do you put the garland on first?
If using bead garland around the tree and wired ribbon vertically, which goes on first? Put the beaded garland after the lights, if you are using them, but before the wired ribbon. Beaded garland looks beautiful draped evenly between branches, but it can be pretty fiddly to get looking just right.
How do you hang garland outside brick?
- Place the bottom, narrow edge of the brick clip underneath the brick you want to hang the garland.
- Press your thumb or a flathead screwdriver against the bottom edge of the brick clip and pull the top edge over the brick.
- Push the clip against the wall so it sits flush against the brick.
How do you hang garland on a door without nails?
- Use removable adhesive hooks to hang the garland without leaving marks.
- Secure a doorway garland hanger to the door for a reusable option.
- Attach an upside-down adhesive hook to the back of the door to hide the hook.