The Afghan government said Friday that the Taliban will begin their plan to reduce violence from tonight, a period that will last seven days and is considered a key step prior to signing an agreement with the United States after one year of negotiations in Qatar.

"The violence reduction phase between the country's security forces and the Taliban will begin this week starting this midnight (7.30 p.m. GMT on Friday), and the Afghan government has been preparing these days"Afghan Deputy National Security Council (NSC) spokesman Kabir Wasiq told Efe.

Wasiq said Afghan security forces "have fully prepared for this phase" of violence reduction, agreed between the insurgent formation and the United States in Qatar.

The Afghan Government considers this seven-day period of reduced hostilities as a test to verifyr if the Taliban are really committed to peace, as well as to test if the insurgent dome has authority over its soldiers deployed on the ground.

According to the Afghan Ministry of Interior, during the seven days the Taliban will "significantly" reduce their attacks and will not cause suicide bombings or bombings.

Security forces reserve the right to defend and retaliate against Taliban fighters if they violate the commitment, Interior added.

If it is successful, the violence reduction phase is expected to pass an agreement between the Taliban and Washington that includes the withdrawal of some 5,000 US troops from the country.

On the other hand, the Taliban have ensured that the signing of the agreement will allow the release of 5,000 insurgent prisoners imprisoned in government prisons in Afghanistan. In return, the training will free 1,000 members of Afghan security forces currently in captivity.

The signing of the agreement could enable a round of dialogue between the insurgents and the Afghan Government, a possibility that the Taliban have so far rejected in defending that they wanted to agree with the United States first.

The victory announced this week by the current Afghan president, Ashraf Ghani, in the presidential elections last September, could lead to a democratic crisis in the nation, as the second most voted candidate, Abdullah Abdullah, has described the count as "robbery "and has announced the formation of its own Government.